As the Village Historian, Atian usually is the one who sits with the Village children, (both Outie and Fae), and reads from one of his great story books during the holiday festivals. This year, he brought with him a large leather bound book and a small green shoe.
"This year I am going to tell you a story from the Outie's world and it is all about this shoe," he told the children.
- Elves are known to be tiny, dwarf-like creatures, either male or female, with pointed ears. They are youthful but immortal and have magical powers that can control what you see and experience. It is also believed that on the 6th of January the elves light up their torches and come down from their secret village in the mountains to play in a hidden field to celebrate the last day of Christmas.
- The elves, besides helping Santa design and make wonderful toys, are said to have other duties as well. Some elves take care of Santa's reindeer and keep his sleigh in good condition making sure it is ready to fly through the skies on Christmas Eve. Others help Santa keep his naughty and nice list in order, and some elves guard the secret location of Santa's village. They are believed to be Santa's secret agents and report their findings back to him.
- Some think Santa employs six elves, while others believe he has nine or more elf assistants. They help Santa process requests from children that are sent to them through snail mail or emails. The popular names of the Christmas elves helping Santa Claus are:
- Alabaster Snowball (Administrator of the Naughty & Nice list).
- Bushy Evergreen (Inventor of the magic toy-making machine).
- Pepper Minstix (Guardian of the secret of where Father Christmas's village is located).
- Shinny Upatree (The oldest friend of Santa and the co-founder of the secret village).
- Sugarplum Mary (Head of the Sweat Treats, she is also known as Mary Christmas. She is an assistant to Mrs. Claus and helps her in the kitchen).
- Wunorse Openslae (Designer of Father Christmas's sleigh and responsible for its maintenance. He also looks after the reindeer and it is believed that his reindeer reach speeds faster than Christmas tree lights).