Now I am ready to start. I cut a paper pattern and then traced it on to the film. A heated blade (much like a wood burner type of tool) was used to cut out the pattern as the clear film is very stiff and difficult to cut with a normal razor. I had also tried cutting this product with scissors and didn't like the results as much.
I painted the wings with a couple of different colors. Another secret is that ALL of the paints need to be mixed with the glue. If not, then when any other color is applied, it will simply wipe off the color below it. By applying different colors, I get a shading effect that one doesn't always get with stained glass.